Last week, the WorkSpace Resource team took a trip to Boston, MA to meet with the incredible folks at AIS and tour their offices, showroom, and factory. Trips like this are not out of the ordinary, as WorkSpace takes a personal interest in all of the office furniture products they offer and the companies they work with.
AIS is a leading manufacturer of commercial office furniture and seating, specializing in systems (cubicles), laminate case goods (desking) and task and guest seating. They have truly shaken up the industry with a commitment to sustainability and a unique ability to make office furniture fun. Their ingenuity and innovation caught the eye of many observers at NeoCon and they continue to impress.
- AIS has a people focused company culture that acknowledges and celebrates the background of each employee that has come together as Americans to build quality products right here in the USA.
- There are several quality control managers stationed throughout the manufacturing line to ensure that only the highest quality product ends up on the truck for shipping.
- The headquarters have over 10,000 solar panels that (on a sunny day) generate excess energy that goes back into the grid.
- Manufacturing processes focus on high-quality production, efficiency and reducing waste to keep lead times down and lower costs, keeping the product affordable to the end user.
- AIS has proven that it pays to be a follower. They let larger companies test new designs and make mistakes before they jump on any new trends. This ensures that they are able to manufacturer durable, clean products on the first try so that they can successfully offer current designs at affordable prices.
The manufacturing facility tour was the highlight of the trip for everyone who attended. It’s a process that not many outside of the industry are privy to, and one that is both fascinating and impressive.
“It was evident with everyone we met that AIS not only cares about their product but about relationships. With each other, with their dealers and, most of all, with the end user. They excel at customer satisfaction and making products that are current and high quality.” – Donna Johnson, Senior Business Development, WorkSpace Resource
Team Thoughts on AIS Product Training
WorkSpace was also pleased to do product training, where they were introduced to some new product lines. The modern design and enhanced features are sure to make them a hit with customers. Here’s what several WorkSpace team members had to say:
“I was blown away by the Alta fabric treatment presentation. The option to offer our clients a fabric that will withstand the daily abuse of an office environment at such a minimal cost to the end user is a no-brainer to me! I think our clients are going to absolutely love it.” – Jackie Savoie, Marketing Director
“Product training gave me further confidence in AIS products. The attention to detail they have is fantastic. Our clients will be getting a high-quality product at an affordable price.” – Donna Johnson, Senior Business Development
Providing Quality and Value
Overall, the trip was beneficial for WorkSpace as a furniture dealer, but also built confidence in the quality of products they provide and gave them new information and ideas on how to better tailor the numerous options to fit their client’s needs.